Monday, October 29, 2007

Quebec City

Rather than wallow here over the painful loss of Professor Rudie, I traveled with my artist friend J. to Quebec City to paint for a few days. It was beneficial to have something to concentrate on all week, however some of the paintings I have returned with are a reflection of my deep, quiet sorrow.

Aside from the food (escargot! good wines!! baguettes!!!) the highlight of the trip had to be the Hotel Maison du Fort Bed and Breakfast, where we stayed. Charming and cat-themed, it was a balm for my soul, as was delightful owner Marielle, who made every effort to ensure her guests were well looked after.

NB: I will upload photos and expand this entry soon, and upload my languishing entries for Oakville and Niagara Falls. Forgive me dear friends for the delays of late. The blog took a back seat while I have been ill off and on since early September, but I am doing better this week; serious cancer has been ruled out and that is an incredible relief.

No comments: